Sunday, February 6, 2011

Arriving at Our Cabana, Cuernavaca Mexico




What an exhilarating day! This morning our host family drove us to Our Cabana for the beginning of what I am sure will be a very exciting week. My first impression was overwhelming - it is so beautiful, peaceful and serene! The gardens and vegetation are absolutely wonderful and it has the most amazing outdoor living areas. It brought tears to my eyes (I know that sounds silly) but it has been a dream of mine for many, many years to come to this place. For those who do not know, there are four World Centers in different countries around the globe which are affiliated with the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts. There are an estimated 10 million members in this wonderful organization. The website for Our Cabana tells the story that this world center was established in 1957 and has since seen over 70,000 Girl Guides and Girl Scouts pass through it's doors. It is an incredibly safe place to be, indeed since arrival in Cuernavaca over a week ago I have felt very safe here in Mexico and Nuestra Cabana continues to welcome its visitors! I will tell you more tomorrow and as the week goes on! For now, Buenos Noches!




I am here for the annual meeting of the Friends of Our Cabana. Although I have not met all of them yet they are an amazing group of women who dearly love and therefore support this little piece of paradize by giving of their time, talents and finances. I hope to learn more this week about Our Cabana and hope to encourage our scouts in Central California to come here to partake of all its' beauty and activities. I am posting a few pictures now and more will follow in my days here to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment